Monday, December 7, 2009

Three.

Today I am celebrating my beautiful little boy. He turned three today. Three! It's hard for me to grasp that he is growing up so very quickly. Days like to day make me sad in a sense...I know with each year his dependance on me lessens and their is such a remarkable difference from 2 to 3 that makes me feel like their is no baby left in him at all. He is now potty trained, knows all his letters and their sounds, can count to 20, likes to do many things "all by self", still sucks his thumb when he has his special blankie, loves diego and dora, argues that God made EVERYTHING- even if I say, "mimi, made the brownies" (he says no - God did!), loves going to church, loves to rock with his daddy before bedtime, still has a hard time eating anything at all- besides chicken nuggets, makes me sing the same four songs everytime I put him to bed ( I have become very fast and have created new and extrememly short versions of them all :) and makes sure everyones knows that his mommy, daddy and baby mac are his best buddies.

The list of why I adore this little guys is LONG- too long to even start-because then, I wouldn't be able to stop. But the one thing that I desire most for him is that he would grow to love Christ- because despite all the amazing things about Taeden James- he needs to be saved from his sins. Having a strong-willed first child has made me grow closer to Christ-because i am constantly praying for wisdom, patience, and peace. I am thankful for the gift of this child, thankful because I know I don't deserve this special blessing and because I never knew this kind of love that I have for him until I had him.

So Happy Birthday Taeden..We love you!!!















5 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

I LOVE HIM (and the rest of your family!) Miss you guys SO much! I am so jealous Nat is visiting you in Feb! I think I've asked a MILLION times, what are your Christmas plans?!?

The Parsons' blog said...

So So SO sweet. And he can say all his letters and sounds. How about he comes over and teaches them to my son ;) Poor Jonah. Maybe it's a first child thing!! Happy Birthday to him. He's adorable!

Phil and Bri said...

I love the last photo of him, do you have that blown up in a beautiful frame??? Hehe. Such a model. I thought three meant "baby #3!" fyi. hehe

Kirra said...

Aw sweet boy! I cannot believe he's three already! Time flies! I am love the pic with him and his winter coat! And I most definitely thought what Bri did when I saw the title of the blog post- that you were pregnant with number 3! :) Love you

jorden9879 said...

Wait a sweet little boy. They sure do grow up fast. It is amazing what they learn in three short years, I love that he says God makes EVERYTHING!