Friday, April 17, 2009

A little Advice from you mom's out there needed...

ok, so i started macalan on eating rice cereal mixed with baby food and he just doesn't seem to be into it. it is pretty much the messiest experience every time i try feeding him because he isn't that great at getting any food down..mostly he is just pushing his tongue out while i am trying to get the spoon IN his mouth. i am thinking maybe he isn't ready for it yet??? is it ok to just go back to feeding him by bottle only? with taeden he started eating rice cereal at four months so i kinda just figured it was time to start with macalan when he got to the 6 month mark. he is still sleeping fine and doesn't seem to be famished when he just takes a bottle...what do you all think??? thanks girls!

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

I wouldn't worry about how much he gets, but I would keep giving it to him. He'll eventually get used to it and get the hang of sucking food off a spoon. Maybe add a little banana to the cereal, that made my kids gobble it up. There you go, that's my 2 cents! :) Your boys are SO cute.

Jamie said...

Hi Cait, I agree that you should keep at it b/c it's the only way he'll finally figure it out. Even if you only tried to feed him this way once a day or even once every two days. It's really normal for it to be a struggle for them at first. Rice cereal has absolutely NO flavor at all. What about just mashed up bananas, then adding the cereal later on? When I first started with Norah, it was amazing how much better at eating she was when she actually liked what I was feeding her. CALL ME! I heart you!!!

The Page Family said...

Hey...this happened to my niece...she was not interested in solids at all...until 8-9 months really!...she just kept trying at least once a day and she was fine with just milk! Now she's 11 months a great eater! I haven't started Ashtyn yet and was going to start around 6 months...I'll let you know how it goes! :)