Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy days and Crazy GOOD News...

I know I have been a huge blogging slacker lately and I am sorry. Things have been crazy here...We moved into our new place a month ago and I love it...pics will come when everything is settled (it'll be awhile folks:).. we had company right after we moved in, one of our friends from Cali and my sister and her kids were out here for a visit too! Love having a place where I can be hostess once again, unfortunately our kitchen table didn't make it in the move :( so for now I am thankful for the island in our kitchen! I also spent last weekend in Nashville with my mom and sister without my kiddos!! A much needed and wonderful break! We had a great time exploring Franklin, TN- the place I may be moving too..it is stinkin cute and I really liked it! Things with my dad were also crazy there for awhile too as my last blog explained. He is healing very well at home and resting lots! We got some amazing news last week that almost seems to good to be true and we were told that the doctor was "cautiously optomistic" so we are trying to be too...
Last July my dad had 6 tumors- 5 of them being in his lungs. The doctors said nothing would work- they weren't even willing to try chemo, radition or surgery and pretty much gave him a year to 3 years..so as you know they searched and went for the alternative route. Last week he had a CT scan done of his lungs to see if his pnuemonia was still present and while it was present, guess what wasn't!!!...The doctors that examined the scan could not see ANY of the tumors that were there just a few short months ago. This is truely a miracle, a gift from the Lord and gives us so much hope! Of course, like I said we are being cautiously optomistic and we are waiting for the pnuemonia to be gone completely so that he can resume treatment and get another CT scan done to confirm what the doctors last saw! We were all so excited and emotional to get GOOD news for once, it seems like since my dad's cancer journey has started he always had the worst case senario...so you can imagine how nice it was to get some great news for once! God is faithful and this is proof of prayers being answered...I will keep you all updated and hopefully have some pics to post soon so my blogging isn't so boring :)

6 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

Caitlin, what GREAT news about your dad!! First hand miracle right there and I can only imagine what that feels like! I bet that re-energized your dad too!

Sooooo looking forward to some pics of your new place and your time with friends and family!!!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Cait, PRAISE THE LORD!!! I just read his caring bridge so I saw that from what your mom wrote. I got chills when I read it. What a miracle! It is so neat to see the power of prayer. So you liked Tennesee??? Excited to hear what is going on with that! Love to you friend!

Jamie said...

this was not boring at all caitlin. i am so encouraged for you all. yea GOD!

The Somerville Four said...

I'm SPEECHLESS! Please know we will keep praying. Our God is ALL POWERFUL and ALL KNOWING!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Cait! Nat told me all about your dad and I read your mom and sister's posts! TOOOOOOOO AWESOME love! I am so happy for you and your family! I can't wait to hear about and see your place! Love you!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Hello...new blog post pleeeease! I'm 100% sure you've got something to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!