Sunday, January 10, 2010

thankful.


Well, on Wednesday we were really close to losing my dad. Seriously, 30 minutes away is what the doctors told my mom...I can't even imagine! What my mom and dad thought was just a horrible bout of the flu combined with chemo symptoms turned out to be pneumonia and a incredibly dangerous blood infection. God truly spared my dad this week and I am so thankful! My mom followed her instincts and rushed him to the hospital when he started becoming a bit loopy and "out of it" and could hardly walk. He was admitted into the ICU and has been there since Wednesday night. We were told that had he been undergoing normal chemo doses (since he is doing an "alternative" method he is only recieving 15% of a normal dose) that his body surely would not have been able to fight this often deadly infection. I am so thankful that other than the cancer my dad is still incredibly strong and healthy! The hardest part of this is being so stinkin far away!!!! I would give almost anything to have been out there for my mom and dad through this but also know now that my sweet dad needs to stay healthy and I risk the germs of little children:) but I will be visiting SOON...when he is a little stronger.

So for now my dad is doing great. Responding to the meds, actually getting moved into a normal room today...yea!!!! Praise the Lord for He is GOOD!!!!

I love my dad so very much and am filled with gratitude that the Lord is allowing us more time with him on this earth!!!

7 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Praise the Lord, Caitlin. I'll continue to pray for your dad's battle with cancer. I saw on FB that you posted his caring bridge site and I read that. My Ava gave us a scare when she was 6months with a blood infection, too. She was sick (with what I thought was the flu, also) and then got REALLY sick. She spent a week at Children's Hospital to get over the blood infection she had. SO scary. Life is so precious.

Beth said...

Caitlin, I didn't want to click over to see your entry after your FB post, but I was so thankful when I saw the title of your entry. I am praying for you and your mom. Our family was right there a year ago with Tony's dad. The doctors gave him 2 hours and he even said his goodbyes. BUT GOD, had a different plan and his body healed from the infection and he was able to resume treatment as well. Hang in there.

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Praying for you and your family! You guys are so strong and the Lord is truly in control of all things! Love you guys!

Kirra said...

Caitlin that is such great news! I cannot believe he was that sick. What an amazing blessing that he is recovering. I pray he continues to recover and grow stronger each day and that you can get out there soon. I can't imagine how hard it is to be so far from him! I love you friend.

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Wow Cait, how scary for you guys. Praise the Lord that he is responding to the meds. We will keep praying for him though. Give your mom and dad my love!!

Jenny M. said...

Praise God he is ok!! I can't imagine what that was like for your mom and especially you and Kerst being far away.

Praying for you guys...

Molly said...

Hi Caitlin,
Just wanted to say hi and that I'm praying for your whole family. Your dad has had such an impact on my life as I know he has for so many others. I will continue to lift you guys up in prayer, and I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be so far away.
Love, Molly