Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Auburn Trip...

I flew to Auburn a week or so ago with Mac to see my parents and it was sooooo good to be back in California aggain!!! My flight out there...not so smooth, as my flight was delayed 2.5 hours and Mac wasn't the little angel he usually is...but I got there and never will I have to see any of those people who gave me the evil eye on the airplane again! :)
I had my first In-n-Out burger in a YEAR and got to share that same experience with my dad who has also not had meat in about a year as well. It was just as I remembered and we were happy campers. We took in the Auburn Farmers market, shopped quite a bit and all went to my parents church together.
It was a blessing to be able to be there with my sister and brother and his girlfriend, Kasey, who were also visiting at the same time and we enjoyed some great times as a family and with friends. My friend Natalie even drove from Visalia to see me for the day and we had so much fun with one of my mom's newer friends who lives just up the road from her.
Again it was good to be together as a family as we had just learned that the cancer has indeed spread to my dad's bones. We were able to serve my dad as he had just had major surgery to repair his femur that he broke about two weeks ago. He is healing incredibly well for someone that has cancer and the doctor even said he is doing BETTER than someone who is completely healthy. He is such a strong man and was encouraging us in the misdt of his great trial and pain. We continue to pray for a miracle! My beautiful mama, she protested this picture...but look how good she looks, no makeup and all!
Papa and Mac

My brother and his beautiful girlfriend!


Me, my Dad and Mac
I had forgotten my camera so these were the only pics I got of the week, so they will have to do :)



4 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Your mom is gorgeous! No make up? Seriously? You look so cute preggo! I want more pics please! I can't believe what a big boy M is! Love you!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Cait, so glad that you got to spend some time with your family!! You have such a beautiful family. We are still praying for your dad every night. Love you Cait. Oh and I wish I had some boy names for you, but you are usually the one with the cool names! :)

Unknown said...

Brought tears to my eyes! I love that you were able to see your family! Praying for your dad. Love you caiti!

The Somerville Four said...

Caitlin, you look beautiful as always! What a gift for you to be able to fly out to Cali to spend quality time with your family. You and your family are on my heart. We are praying for a miracle as well. Kiss, Hug, Kiss, Hug!