Friday, February 27, 2009

The (Almost) Perfect Baby




I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time Macalan cried during the day. I have made mention before about how easy he is and it is no lie...he is seriously easy! He pretty much doesn't stop smiling and is so content to lay under his little play yard thingie or swing or just to sit. Then, 4:30 in the morning rolls along. For some reason he has regressed to waking up at about this time in the middle of the REALLY early morning. He was sleeping through the night great and over the past few weeks decided apparently he isn't ready to give us a full night. Well, I made the mistake of getting up and feeding him a few times and now the boy expects it. Last night, we put our foot down...we knew we would just have to let him cry it out. We had to do the same thing with Taeden and I am convinced that babies can make it a good 8-10 hours by now without a feeding so last night we stuck to our guns and just let the poor guy cry. Obviously, it is NO fun at all to do this and I was awake the whole time he cried anyways so it is super tempting to just take 10 minutes to feed him...but I know that when he is one, I don't want to be getting up and feeding him...so I was strong and eventually he feel back to sleep. I know it will only take a few more nights of this and the crying will be a little less prolonged tonight...so here's to a better nights sleep tonight!

2 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

You hold to it! The SAME thing happened with Everett, the exact same thing and with Daniel's help, I stayed in bed and refused to get up. Everett finally stopped crying in the middle of the night, but I think it took almost two weeks. Liam NEVER did that!

The Page Family said...

That stinks...that happened all the time with Hailey...but hopin that it won't with Ashtyn! :) I read a book that said that around 4 months they can start waking up in the middle of the night and they don't really know why...but that it takes 3 days to change a sleep pattern back! Good luck!