Friday, February 27, 2009

A Strong Will

So I have often made mention that my sweet son Taeden has a VERY strong will. Here is some proof. Usually naptime is no problem for Taeden. The boy plays hard and is ready for his 1:00 nap to roll around and normally goes down without a fight, on this particular day he had other plans. I found him like this, on the floor, out cold, about an hour and a half after I initially put him down. After many times of me climbling my stairs (at least I was burning calories, right?) to discipline and put him back in bed, I finally heard the sweet sound of NOTHING and thought I had won the battle. Well, apparently he won in his own way since he fell asleep outside of his crib, but he will never have to know that! :)

I prayed A LOT on this day for my son's salvation. Brandon and I have been reminded to pray for him more often lately as his will becomes stronger. We are so burdened for our son's salvation and really want nothing more in life than for both of our boys to love and serve Christ. I know all you other moms out there probably feel the same way and it is something we should be praying for daily! It is something that I am hoping to become more faithful in doing.

1 comment:

jorden9879 said...

The sleeping at night thing will always be a mystery to me. For weeks nothing and then BAM, crying. I had to chuckle at the falling asleep out of the crib, I know it isn't funny to you but someday you'll both have a good laugh over it. I hear you on praying for your children. I am adding your boys to my list of kids I pray for. One more person praying for them can't hurt. Their generation is going to require a great measure of faith, wisdom, and understanding to live for Christ in this world.