Friday, February 27, 2009

Yes, I Can...at least I think I can...

Ok, so I am feeling a little crazy and A LOT scared about signing up for and paying for this half marathon, cause that means I really have to DO IT! It makes me a little sick just thinking about running 13 miles, I mean I think the absolute longest I have ever run is about half that and let's be honest, I was probably in much better shape when I ran it than I am now. But I am going to do it, I mean basically my goal is just to finish the marathon, even if that means dragging my body across the finish line. I figured that it is something I have always wanted to accomplish and what better way to practice discipline and get these last few baby pounds that I am just holding onto with all my might:) Plus, its kinda fun because the finish line is in the cute little town of Solvang, which is where I spent the first 6 years of my life...
Well, my official 10-week training plan starts Monday...I will keep ya'll posted!

2 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Good for you! Shoot, I need that kind of motivation. I think it's great and remember no one expects you to come in first ;). Are you doing it with a friend??

OH and the picture of your son "pumping" is hilarious!!! I laughed.

The Somerville Four said...

I am SO excited for you. I have yet to sign up because the packets have to be picked up on Friday, and I haven't found a place to stay. It's too long of a drive to go there and back on Friday and Saturday. Are you guys renting a room somewhere close?