Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Child Who Doesn't Like Food

Ok, so Brandon and I always laugh about where this child came from because we both LOVE food...probably a little too much...which is why the gym and treadmill are our dear friends. We don't get how two people who adore food so much could create a child who could care less about it. Now, I will say that Brandon and I are both picky about food, but when we like something, well, we tend to eat a lot of it. I think both of our parents just think that we are getting pay back for when we were kids...yes, I was the child that would be sitting at the dinner table hours after dinner because I wouldn't finish my dinner and yes, my parents were the type that would lovingly feed me whatever I didn't finish that night for breakfast in the morning. Taeden could very well go the whole day without eating anything substantial and the pictures below give a little example of many a nights at our home when we are determined to make the child eat. I know you may think us cruel, but Taeden is skinny and we are determined to get some calories down everyday. He will thank us one day...maybe :) I am hoping Macalan will be the type of kid who LOVES to eat and will sit in his high chair and devour whatever I put in front of him. How sad that he looks like I am feeding him the grossest thing ever...its MAC and CHEESE!





1 comment:

Rebecca Parsons said...

I love it! My parents would also put my left-overs in the fridge until I would eat them. I appreciate it now. We're also pretty strict with food. I want my kids to eat whatever their given and be thankful for it (especially at other peoples houses, and we also have skinny kids :)) Good for you! Your boys are adorable! Take care.