Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Alive and Well

Just a note to say:

I am here (here being my new home..Illinois).

I am alive.

I am thankful for family here.

But miss my family horribly.

My dad may be getting treatment in Reno- a non-conventional one. they are encouraged. We remain hopeful.

I am daily trying to remember that God is in control of my life and I am not!

Brandon has started his new job. He leaves early, but is home early and once he is home, he is HOME and not running off to soccer games, meetings and activites. I love that!

Brandon's parents have been beyond gracious by letting us take over their home.

I love the weather here. 70 degrees is fine with me. You'll have to check back with me in the winter on that one.

Did I mention I miss my mom and dad????

Going home in Oct...only a few weeks away!! I can't wait.

We miss our friends! and Wolf Creek. Badly!

And now I am realizing that this post is getting much longer than I intended. Opps.

And I have no pictures to post. Sorry! :)

5 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

So understand your feeling of moving...although our move was much less invested, I still remember the tears...lots of them...trying to understand the will of God...and the feeling of starting life anew. Loved your post and will be praying for all your blessings and the hardships. Keep us posted!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Awww...Cait, I eat plenty of Wolf Creek for the both of us! :) We miss you terribly. It was so hard to LEAVE MY FAMILY...but I cling to the fact that this is what the Lord wants for us at this moment...plus I cling to the fact we'll be making our way that way sometime! (Which having you there is a bonus for us!:)) I'm rejoicing in the fact that you actually get to SEE Brandon, that your in-laws are so amazing, and that your dad might get into a clinical! We were just praying for you guys and him and we are so thankful that God is incredibly gracious! Also, please post pictures of those adorable little boys and the Fall! Shoot, post pictures of those boys in cute Fall clothes! I miss the Fall! But, I can't complain about blue skies and sunshine nearly everyday!:) LOVE YOU! MISS YOU!

jorden9879 said...

New adventures are always bitter sweet, especially when it involves leaving friends and family that you love dearly. Enjoyed looking at all the pictures. We are praying for your family

Sadie said...

caitlin, i have been thinking about you so much lately, and praying, too! thanks so much for the updates on your blog. wishing you a most beautiful autumn with your boys in your new home!
you are very very loved! sending big hugs your way!

The Somerville Four said...

Love this post. I love your thoughts. It's never too long.