Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Flea Finds...

Ok, so one of my favorite things about where I now live is that there is an AMAZING flea market 10 mintues away every month. I had some SAAAWEEEET finds today. I so excited to use these items in my home one day! Oh and they were all crazy good deals too. I spent a total of 32 bucks on all the items!

How cute for the corner of a bathroom- 7 bucks!
Seriously, I am obsessed with windows and I love everything about this one. All I have to do is dust off the cobwebs and its ready to go. 6 bucks.

So I thought this would be amazing for a big fruit bowl in the middle of a kitchen island. I will say it was the one item that my husband said was nasty and looked like it was from an old mans garage. (it probably was :) But I love it anyways and for 2 bucks-are you kidding me???



I kept seeing these jars around and people were asking for crazy amounts for them. Then I found a guy at the end who gave me all three for 5 bucks. Hollaaaa! Not sure what I will put in them, maybe cotton balls, qtips or something for a bathroom, but I would love to use them in my kitchen too--what would you put in them??? oh and my favorite part about them is that they are a cool tealish blue. love!


Ok, favorite find of the day. 12 bucks got me this cool old scale that I am obsessed with. How cute with a pumpkin on top for fall or candles!!! Ahhhhh---I am dying to decorate with this little guy.
Anyways, if any of you want to get away for the weekend and do some awesome flea market shopping come see me! I promise you will not be dissapointed(how sweet would it be if all us bloggers who love cool old things could meet up for a girls weekend away and flea market shop together...ahhh, a girl can dream, right???)




5 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

Caitlin way to go! You found great items today!! I use my big jar for flowers, but I also thought you could do markers or colored pencils...then crayons and other supplies in the small ones, but then again I like your bathroom idea too! I totally used my scale yesterday too, so its cute and practical! Can't wait to see your new home! Loving it!

Phil and Bri said...

oh yeah I forgot to say that I am in love with enamelware and fruit is a perfect idea!! You can use them for anything! Mine is a dog water dish :)

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Oh I miss the Midwest! Love the scale...I have a pumpkin on mine right now...I usually have lemons and limes...love the window...but it wasn't FREE like your other one! ;)

Kirra said...

okay are you kidding? is this the kane county flea market? which one are you talking about? because i need to go with you. and i'm prreeety sure we need to have that girls trip with all of us "junk/antique" lovers. can you imagine? that would be a dream! love all your treasures! taylor and i both love the scale!

jorden9879 said...

Great finds Caitlin. I was laughing really hard about the bowl Brandon said looked like it was from an old mans garage. Silly boys. I love your Ball jars. You could put popcorn seeds or flour or coco or dry rice or dry beans or anything else you use frequently in them for the kitchen. I like the bathroom idea too.wish i could fly on down and go with you!